This is a great post about sending snacks into school and the potential effects it has.
Savannah started preschool last week. We are very fortunate and excited that we found a school with a great food allergy policy. Some of the highlights include:
- The school is completely nut-free.
- Because of Savannah’s allergies, her classroom is also dairy and egg-free.
- The teacher wears the students’ Epi-Pens at all times.
- The school requested more than one week prior to the start of school to have Savannah’s Allergy Action Plan on file (rather than me requesting that they put it on file).
- Savannah’s teacher called me personally, again prior to the first day of school, to discuss her allergies and any concerns, and to review a safe snack list for my approval.
In addition, she asked if I would provide an additional list of snacks that she can provide the other parents. I’ve included that list below.
As parents, we want…
View original post 193 more words