A good start for those looking to get in the game…
Before You Start Blogging…
- Read other administrators’ posts. Go to badgeradmins.wikispaces.com for a comprehensive list of recommended blogs. Emulate their style and structure when developing your own voice.
- Determine your purpose for blogging. Do you want to communicate with families? Reflect on your own practices? Connect with colleagues? All of the above?
- Think about what you want to say and/or jot down your ideas on paper first. Doing this prior to writing a post helps organize your thinking.
- Connect with educators on Twitter to build your professional learning network. You will want feedback on your posts. This social media tool is a great way to share your writing with others.
- Write, type, then blog. At least initially, write your post on a word processor and copy/paste your writing into your blog.
- Choose your tool. Determine which blog service you want to use. I prefer WordPress. Google Blogger is also popular.
View original post 483 more words